For many years, the training of the Engineers in Statistics and Economics (ISE) and that of the Engineers in Statistics (ITS) has been provided by CAPESA, whose primary responsibility is the organisation of competitive entrance examinations to African statistical schools.
The intervention of CAPESA is carried out according to the following axes:
- Organisation of ISE and AS recruitment examinations
- Support for the improvement of teaching
- Assistance in accessing information
- Assistance in finding financial resources
- Support for strengthening relations between schools and partners in statistical training